Blood Orange and Pea Sprout Salad
This year’s first siting of blood oranges occurred at the farmers’ market on Sunday. It makes me smile since the pickings are pretty slim this time of year. So if you’re looking for a salad that will help you stick to your New Year’s resolution: More fresh veggies, less oil this is the one. It’s a wonderful citrus infused salad that’s easy to make and is yummy. We served this at our trial run for our supper club. People loved it. And only FOUR ingredients. (if you exclude salt and pepper).
- 1 bunch pea sprouts cleaned
- 3 blood oranges–zest, section, then squeeze
- 1 small fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes diced
- Zest, section then squeeze the remaining pulp into a medium bowl
- Medium dice the tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes can be used as well
- Place cleaned pea sprouts in salad bowl. If the sprouts are really long snap in half. Add other ingredients, toss, salt and pepper. This salad stays crisp because there’s no oil to wilt the sprouts.