Summer has arrived with a vengeance. It’s hot in LA, very hot. Laying on the couch my thoughts drift back to childhood. The sounds of Mr. Softee , Good Humor, Little Jimmy’s Italian Ices bring a smile to my face. My mouth begins to water at the thought of a creamsicle. Ah, the taste of summer.
How do I update that taste of summer for my more sophisticated adult palate? Melon and goat cheese are a winning combo on a cheese platter. Why not a melon chevre popsicle?
This recipe contains three ingredients and has become the new taste of summer for me. I’ve eaten for an appetizer with a glass of wine, or dessert with glass of wine.
- 4-6 cups cubed cantaloupe or any melon approximately 2 cups of pureed melon
- 3 oz. chevre
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 6 round ice pop molds that hold approximately 1/3 of a cup of liquid
- Cut and cube melon.
- Place in blender and puree
- Place chevre and cream cheese in a bowl and mush together until combined
- Squeeze about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on popsicle sticks
- Pour pureed melon in popsicle forms. Place sticks in forms
- Freeze for about 2-3 hours.
Sheryl @Mama's Gotta Bake says
What a refreshing summer treat!
Christina @ Christina's Cucina says
How interesting!! I would never have thought to put these yummy flavors in an ice lolly! Sorry, I have to call them that. 😉 Would love to try these!!
Cathy | She Paused 4 Thought says
Fabulous combination! Just what I need right now for these hot summer days.
You’ve got the Creamsicle in your memory banks, I’ve got the Bomb Pop! GREG
Cheese in popsicles is stretching it a bit, but why not? It works in desserts, so I’m willing to give it a try.
THE HUNGRY MUM says
oooh chevre – yum! What a creative combo for an ice pop!