Plus make a new friend of Debi of Debs Kitchen.
The test kitchen was filled with a wonderfully prepared spread of vegetarian dishes.
A table filled with “mystery fruits”.
As well as my favorite new drink.
Plus, there was a ton of free give aways–baby potatoes, farro and red quinoa. Farro is a staple in the traditional Italian Easter dessert, pastiera. Yet RED quinoa is a new product to me. I took a bit of inspiration from the quinoa that was part of the buffet. This is so easy because while the quinoa is boiling on the stove, the kabocha squash is roasting in the oven. Then all you have to do is salt, pepper and stir. Enjoy.
Red Quinoa with Roasted Kabocha Squash
- 1 package Melissa’s red quinoa
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 kabocha squash peeled and medium diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Chop the kabocha squash into half inch cubes. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in 350 oven and bake for half hour.
- Chop onions, garlic and red pepper.
- Place garlic and onion in sauce pan along with the red quinoa. Add 2 cups of water, cover and boil on a low simmer for 20 minutes.
- The squash should be done when the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
- Take the squash and add to cooked quinoa.