To say that I’m elated that 2013 is over is an understatement. Don’t get me wrong, the year started with great promise and even delivered with a more than wonderful trip to Italy. It was the final seven months that were a killer.
So how to begin this new chapter in my life? Well I’m still going to cook and travel. But will expand my world with cooking classes, my new place or yours. (More on this later) Hold more Eat With events. And write a new blog called “A Well Seasoned Life”. This blog will focus on my efforts to recreate a new life. It will be opinionated, hopefully funny, and not food related, basically a post-menopausal, single woman making her way through this world kind of blog. Here’s the first entry.
Please join me in starting the New Year with these lovely, delicious and profoundly easy stuffed dates. Thank You, Enjoy and Happy New Year!!!!
Dates Stuffed with Almonds and Honey
- Half bag of your favorite dates
- ½ cup whole almonds coarsely chopped
- ½ cup honey
- 1 T olive oil.
- Remove pits from dates Place on dish
- Heat medium sauté pan Add almonds and honey heat until the honey bubbles up
- Add olive oil mix with spoon
- Remove mixture to bowl and cool.
- Place generous teaspoon of almond mixture in each date