It’s that time of year–it starts as a sniffle or an ache and before you know it…you’re sick. And you’re grumpy. And nothing tastes good.
I’m no medical doctor but when I was feeling terrible because of the flu I shuffled into the kitchen and whipped up a kale smoothy. I’m not a smoothy kind of girl. If I want kale (on that rare occasion) I cook it. But I didn’t have the energy to cook anything. So I grabbed random ingredients from the frig and threw them in a blender. Lo and behold, after drinking this smoothy I actually felt better for about two hours. Alas, your results my not be the same. But it’s worth the shot.
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 blood oranges peeled
- 3 cups fresh kale
- 2 tbs honey (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup coconut water to thin
- Place ginger and blood orange sections in blender and puree.
- Add kale and blend
- Add honey. Taste. Add more if you like it sweeter. Pulse and taste.
- With blender going add coconut water until the mixture is thin enough to drink.
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Yep, that’ll do ya! Sharing on the Cut ‘N Clean | San Miguel pages!
Judy Lyness says
Dorothy you’re the best!
Cathy | She Paused 4 Thought says
I love that blood oranges is one of your random items you have laying around.
If you put ginger in anything I will love it. Looks delicious.
Hope you are feeling better.
Hope you’re feeling better.