Here is a great idea for a summer barbeque—Watermelon feta popsicles. Buoyed by the success of my melon chevre popsicles I began to think of what other flavor combos that I simply adore?
A crowd-pleasing appetizer is my cubed watermelon with feta and reduced balsamic.
Why not try it in a popsicle? I did. Watermelon, feta and reduced balsamic are fantastic frozen…or fresh.
Watermelon Feta Popsicles
- Popsicle molds. (I used these really cool molds that have a straw attached to the stick mold so that your hands don’t get sticky)
- 2-4 cups seedless watermelon cubed (should have 2 cups pureed)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (approximately)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar reduced by half
- Reduce balsamic vinegar and cool.
- Puree watermelon in blender
- Pour pureed watermelon into molds leaving a little less than half an inch from the top.
- Place molds in freezer for about half hour
- Remove chilled molds and sprinkle feta into molds poking the cheese with a knife to distribute evenly.
- Drizzle reduced balsamic into molds and swirl the vinegar to distribute in the molds. If needed add a bit more watermelon puree to fill to top.
- Freeze until solid.
I LOVE this idea. Delicious!
Cathy | She Paused 4 Thought says
Christina @ Christina's Cucina says
I think I’d like these!! Again, flavors that I really enjoy, but I’d never have come up with this combination in an ice lolly! You genius, you! 🙂
Sophisticated flavors that you won’t find at the DQ! GREG