Golden Fig Compote
The final fig recipe of five days of figs is sinfully easy dried fig compote. This fig compote was paired with goat cheese ice cream and topped with candied pecans: A little bit of heaven in each and every spoonful. But I think any ice cream would be improved with the addition of this compote.
Figology Fest’s Five Fig Recipes
So in case you missed one of the five fig posts here’s a wrap up:
Golden Fig Compote with Sugared Pecans
- 1 cup Port Wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup golden figs stemmed and quartered
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ cup pecan halves coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place figs, port wine and water in pot. Bring to boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove figs and reduce liquid to syrup.
- Add figs to syrup. Cool.
- Pour pecans into sauté pan. Sprinkle sugar over the nuts.
- Heat until the sugar starts to melt add honey and butter. Let the sugar mixture brown so that it coats the nuts.
- Remove from pan and spread on parchment paper until cooled
Serve with a scoop of goat cheese ice cream or your favorite ice cream, a spoonful of compote and a few sugared pecans.