I found sometimes the simplest is the best, like the combination of artichokes, pasta and a tart and tangy ginger lime buerre blanc it becomes a ménage et tois made in heaven.
The preparation is easy.
Fiesole Aartichokes with Pasta and Lime Ginger Buerre Blanc
- 12 or so fiesole artichokes
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 pound of your favorite pasta I used linguine
- 1 slick butter
- 5 limes juiced and zested
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- Place a pot with salted water on stove to cook your favorite pasta. I used linguine.
- Trim down baby artichokes and quarter. Toss in a pan with water, salt and garlic. Simmer until tender.
- While the artichokes and pasta cook make your buerre blanc.
- In a non-reactive pan squeeze 5 limes, grate a one inch piece of ginger, a small shallot and a splash of white wine. Place on stove and simmer on low until the liquid is reduced by 75%. Remove from heat and whisk in 1 stick of butter that has been cubed one piece at a time. Add salt, you’ll be surprised at the amount you’ll need, or at least I am, but alas I’m a classic under salter. When you’re finished you should have a “creamy” buerre blanc.
- Strain pasta and place in large bowl. Strain artichokes and add to pasta. Pour buerre blanc over and toss.