Blueberry Not Ketchup
My fellow food blogger Erika Kerekes of In Erika’s Kitchen has taken a huge leap and opened her own line of gourmet sauces called Not Ketchup. Her wonderful Not Ketchup sauces come in three distinct flavors—Cherry Chipotle, Smoky Date and Blueberry White Pepper. Right now they are available in a number of specialty stores in Los Angeles and if you’re not lucky enough to live in LA, no problem you can order them online.
For me, the first time I tasted the blueberry white pepper I imagined it being served with a lemon ricotta tart. And let me tell you the combo works, blueberry Not Ketchup brings out the lemon of the tart. So if you’re looking for an alternative to the savory recipes above, try this one. I did and my dinner guests devoured the entire tart along with half a bottle of Not Ketchup.
Lemon Ricotta Tart with Blueberry Not Ketchup
- one stick unsalted butter cold cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Place first four ingredients in food processor and pulse until cornmeal texture.
- Add milk and pulse until the dough is a loose ball. Don’t over mix.
- Gather the dough into a ball. Place in refrigerator for ten minutes.
- Roll out dough and place in tart pan of your choice.
- Bake unfilled tart for 10 minutes in a 350 oven
Lemon Ricotta Filling
- 8 oz. ricotta
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- Zest of one lemon
- Mix ingredients together.
- Pour into pre-baked tart dough.
- Bake at 325 for 10 to 15 minutes
- Cut and serve with Blueberry White Pepper Not Ketchup.