When it comes to greens I do play favorites and mine is Swiss chard…their multicolored leaves and stems makes me smile whenever I see them. (Although, my collard greens recipe is making me a very happy camper of late.) Alas, it is winter and the selection is slim for fun flavor combos…or so I thought. This spicy Swiss chard and cauliflower combo will compliment fish, fowl or your favorite noodle/rice with a burst of color and taste.
- 1 8 oz. container Cut ‘N Clean rainbow Swiss Chard
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-3 Thai chilis stem removed
- 1 medium yellow onion coarsely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1-3 T Thai fish sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 T brown sugar
- olive oil
- Clean cauliflower by removing florets from main stem and breaking into bite sized florets. Place in bowl
- Add garlic, chilis, onion, ginger to food processor and grind to a paste.
- Heat a large sauté pan, add splash of oil, heat, then add spice paste. Cook and stir. Don’t brown.
- Add cauliflower florets toss until coated. Add enough water to cover cauliflower florets. (I used one cup for my 12” pan.) Cook 3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar. Cook until dissolved.
- Add Swiss chard and toss with mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
Disclosure: Cut ‘N Clean Greens sent the Swiss chard for recipe development.